1. Make sure filter(s) are rinsed regularly, once every week or two with average use.
2. The filtration system should be filtering at least 6-8 hrs per day. 24-7 filtration is recommended if possible. Always leave all jets including neck jets, waterfalls, etc open slightly when spa is not in use, this will allow our enzymes to circulate fully within the hot tubs & spas water.
3. Shocking your spa water every week is recommended or anytime you have cloudy water or get an organic odor. To be more environmental we suggest 99% sodium dichlor because this particular type of chlorine dissipates out of your spa water, when you run all pumps on high with the cover open for 10 minutes (be sure all jets are open). This will also ensure you don’t have to soak in chlorine, or breathe in the fumes while enjoying your hot tubs & spas. The Natural Hot Tub Company ® Water Treatment & Conditioner is also compatible with non-chlorine shocks, however it is not recommended because it contains up to 7 other chemicals that do not dissipate out of hot tubs & spas water and can give those with sensitive skin a rash.
|Usage||1-2 person/2 times weekly||2 persons / 2-3 times weekly||3-4 persons 2 times weekly||3-4 persons / 3-4 times weekly|
|Rinse filters *||Every 10-14 days||Every 10-14 Days||Weekly||Weekly|
|Add 99% DiChlor**||Weekly||Weekly||After Use||After Use|
*Rinse Filters with hose nozzle with high pressure or save water and time with our Filter Flosser.
** 250 gallons or less (1-3 person) Add 1 teaspoon of 99% DiChlor granules
250 gallon or more (3-7 person) Add 2 teaspoons of 99% Dichlor granules
After any addition of 99% DiChlor, run spa with cover off for 1-2 cycles (10 min)
4. Add recommended amount of The Natural Hot Tub Company ® Water Treatment & Conditioner every 3-months. (1/2-bottle for spas up to 250 gallons or 1-full bottle for spas up to 500 gallons)
5. If your source water is hard water then the recommended amount of a Stain & Scale Control (Non-Toxic Defender), should be used weekly, following directions on bottle. If you are on a well with high iron or other metals, definitely use a garden hose pre-filter. If you have already filled your spa, Metal Gone may be used.
6. Using our program you should be able to drain your spa water safely by ensuring a zero reading of chlorine using a test strip, allow the water to cool down and then recycle the water you drained by watering trees, shrubs, gardens etc.
- No chemical spa odor
- No more scum build-up
- Reduces or eliminates itching & rashes
- Leaves skin luxuriously soft & silky-smooth
- Spend less time on maintenance
- Easier filter cleaning
- Put your mind at ease knowing you are helping our environment
Did You Know?
The simple act of immersing in warm water promotes healthy bodies, hearts, minds and lifestyles.